Wednesday, July 19, 2017

A Plantar Fasciitis Flare Up

This morning I have an appointment so I will have to hit the trail a little later than what I like. Fortunately, it hasn’t been as hot as it could be so I am not worried about heat stroke. The only thing holding me back or giving me pause to go is a plantar fasciitis flare up from yesterday’s walking. It isn't the hike alone that makes painful to walk, it’s all of the necessary walkings I do on a daily basis with the hike added in. I believe this condition is what is really holding me back from losing weight. Who wants to do anything when they are in this much pain. It gets depressing!

For those who are not familiar with plantar fasciitis or are looking for more information, here are a few very informative links.

Kaiser Permanente

Heel That Pain

Everday Health

I made cinnamon raisin over night oats. I love a good oatmeal cookie even in oatmeal form. But this was far from it. For one thing, I need to use a lot less cinnamon. I know I can do a better job than what I made last night. Maybe strawberry for tomorrow, I kind of ODed on cinnamon.

Today’s salad was good. It had raisins, chicken, tomatoes, and my favorite yogurt based ranch dressing. I am glad I now like salads. It is easy to substitute ingredients making it hard to burn out on the meal. It turns out to be a really big salad. I load up on the roman and carefully measure out all of my other ingredients in order to keep the calorie count down.

Now that it is over, I feel like it was another good day. Made my step goal, pushed to hike, ate less than 1800 calories. I cut out 20 ounces of soda but only increased my water intake a little. I feel like I am making progress in the right direction

Thanks for joining me again today! Don't forget to follow my feed!

No comments:

Post a Comment