Saturday, July 22, 2017

Exercise and Rest


The haze is from a near by wildfire

And again I forgot to make my oats last night. I feel like I am back sliding a little. I would like to think that I need to adjust some things, but I think this is the way it is supposed to be. We are supposed to feel uncomforted and struggle. If weight loss were easy, we would all be healthy. So this morning it’s Greek yogurt again.


After a few failed attempts at getting out the door for my hike, I decided that I needed to take a day off. It will give my poor feet and throat a day to heal too. Between my fasciitis and the smokey air from wild fires, hiking is almost impossible. I do feel guilty for not going, so I decided to educate myself on the topic of rest.


Shape.com says, “If you are starting out with a new exercise program or are a beginner exerciser, rest every third day (that is, exercise two consecutive days and rest the third).”


Dailyburn.com talks about the “5 Signs Your Body Needs a Rest Day” I am able to relate to more than one of these five. The over soreness and the irritability are the 2 top ones.


In the long run, it was good that I took today off. I didn’t sit around all day either, we went to 6 yard sales and I stuck to my meal plan as best I could with out oats.


I plan on getting back on track again tomorrow! Time to go make up my oats. Don’t forget to follow me!

No comments:

Post a Comment