Sunday, January 8, 2017

Losing my First 50 lbs




Hi, everyone! My name is Jessica and I am on a weight loss journey. Originally Beautiful Me was started as a way to find the beauty in myself. About 10 years ago, just after I had my son, I woke up. My life was a mess! It was like a light went on and I could see the destruction clearly. Obesity, poor hygiene, and depression had taken its toll and I didn't even know what was happening. I realized up until that point, I didn't care either. My teeth were a mess, I didn't even own a bra, and my "good" shirt had grease stains and the stitching had come undone.

It was really hard at first because I had forgotten how to take care of myself. I had to start back at square one. Everything seemed so overwhelming, I had to take it one step at a time. Short "To Do" lists helped. Things like take a shower and brush your teeth, were on it. I made sure I did them even if half of the day went by before I realized what time it was.

After counseling, a divorce, and losing my first 50 lbs I am starting to feel closer to myself.  I am still morbidly obese, but I am ready to tackle this part of my journey. I deleted the original content in this blog to give myself a feeling of a clean slate. I have been working on weight loss since my enlightening. I feel like I have too much information in my head and I am stuck in a cycle. I'm stuck in the mid 330's and I feel like I need to refresh my plan.

I hope that no matter what part of your journey you are on, you will follow me on mine. I hope my trials and successes inspire you to keep going. You can follow me on Instagram and Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment