Sunday, February 12, 2017

Week 5



It has been brought to my attention by my Dr. that my cholesterol is up and I need to start taking medication for it. I was told it is not out of control so the pills are not a permanent thing if I change my diet and increase my exercise. I would rather work toward not having to take the medication at all if I can help it. I have done some research and I have found that in order to lower my cholesterol, I have to increase my fiber intake to 25 - 35 grams a day, eat a low-fat diet, and exercise. Being on this journey makes it easier for me to make adjustments to my diet. I have already learned that my vanilla protein powder contains a whopping 37mg of cholesterol. That’s too bad. I had just discovered protein powder and how it thickens up my smoothies perfectly. Natural eating is better anyway without any artificial powders so I am back to using frozen bananas. I lost 4 pounds this last week trying to figure out what I should and should not eat. I always have a hard time adjusting to any new changes to my diet. I found myself thinking "I just might have to starve to death" when I realized most of my favorite dairy products are out. Week 4: 334.4 lbs Week 5: 230.6 lbs Because I am still catching up to my last progress picture, I want to wait to post a new one. I really do not need to remind myself of my backslide. I know how hard I am having to work to get to the weight I had been. If I continue to eat right and continue exercising, I will post a picture at the beginning of February. Thanks for joining me this week. I will continue to post my progress as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment